Manny Piñol, former North Cotabato governor and avid supporter of presidential bet Rodrigo Duterte, said that Duterte had turned down campaign assistance from giant telecom executives.

On , Piñol disclosed to his followers that Presidential candidate Rody Duterte was offered millions in voluntary financial support by a top official of a giant telecommunications company.

Manny, who called mayor Duterte as the “Hope for Telecom Subscribers,” wrote an article on Saturday (January 30) on his timeline titled “DUTERTE DECLINED MILLIONS OFFERED BY GIANT TELECOM”.

He revealed that presidential bet Duterte did not think twice in thanking the telecom executive for the offer and declining to accept the money.

Although Manny Piñol did not disclose the name of the telecom company, he hinted that it is a Makati-based telecom. He said that the telecom executive “sought an audience with Duterte in Davao earlier this month and said that he had with him a sizeable amount which he wanted to give the Mayor to support his campaign.”

He added that he was informed that the “executive told Duterte that the amount would be the first tranche of a considerable financial contribution from him and his group involved in the company.”

“To the surprise of many” and “even those close to Duterte,” he revealed, however, Duterte declined the money.

To read the full article of Manny Piñol, please see embedded Facebook post below.

Hope for telecom subscribersDUTERTE DECLINED MILLIONSOFFERED BY GIANT TELECOMBy Manny PiñolI was puzzled and…

Posted by on 

Earlier reports said that presidential candidate Duterte ordered his campaign managers not to accept donations from businessmen who have transactions with the government.

“My order was not to accept donations from businessmen who have transactions with the government. I do not want to be compromised later. I can assure all businessmen that in my administration, I will be fair,” Duterte said.

comments